Copyright etc...

Copyright © 2012 Flabbergasted Mom & WTH-is-BPD2. All Rights Reserved.

To view blog as a .com instead of with your country code, enter http://wth-is-bpd2.blogspot.com/ncr

Sunday 2 September 2012

Why are so many negative words associated with women?

I was thinking about this the other day.

The words hurled as insults...

The C word, bitch, slut, whore, douchebag, tramp. Even words like princess can be used as an insult.

Yet someone who is ballsy and cocksure - those are generally considered positive things.

Go figure!


Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE to take words that are meant in a derogatory way and own them. Take the power away from the patriarch and use my own chutzpah. For instance, Witch. One of the most derogatory words a man (or woman) uses about another woman. I own that word. I AM that word. I am also a bitch. As for the "c" word, I just don't like the way it sounds. The slut, whore and general "tramp like" words are words my friends and I use about each other as well as the men in our lives. I've basically made all offensive words equal opportunity insults. Just the other day I called my husband in law a ball-less wonder gutterslut.

    For realz.

    ReplyDelete

You may have heard that Canadians are polite... in general we are so thank you for commenting, unless you wrote something really mean, in which case I am thanking you but with the utmost sarcasm. ;)