I have been kicking around the idea of joining a gym though. A local one has a hell of a deal on right now. But the deal ends on the 28th (and I just learned of it yesterday).
$44 for initial sign-up (includes membership fee, membership card, one month deposit) and then it's $10/month + tax.
Though twice a year you pay an extra $20 to keep the price at $10/month.
Normally it's a $99 sign-up fee and $45/ per month.
The downfalls are:
- will I *GO* to the damn gym enough
- it's about a 25 minute drive from my place which would blow come winter time
- wondering if I may be freaked out to go when it's a slow time at the gym
- great monthly price which will stay that way so long as one remains a member
- open 24 hrs Sun - Fri, reduced hrs on Saturdays
- male/female gym (I hate gyms that are just for women because the really fit women intimidate me and then I don't want to go)
- childcare $3 for 2 hrs max but I think, in general, MOH and I would go at different times if we both joined, it might even be a go-to if we had a fight as a way to work off some anger